Document links do not work

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

What issue do you have?

I have been running Joplin on a Dell XPS 13 machine using Windows 10 for some time now. I migrated successfully from Evernote. I use it for document management and file loads of papers, mainly PDF files, using it. These are mainly things which are on my hard disk but there are also some URLs pointing to remote locations.

I have hit a problem that may have a well-known solution – namely, that when I hover over what appears to be a web link (blue and underlined) I still get the bar cursor rather than the usual finger. Clicking on it does nothing. This is the same for local and remote links and for links within documents. If I hover for a bit longer, the address of the file appears part of which is a long hexadecimal number that has been allocated by Joplin. That number also appears in the markdown editor. I think that the address is correct.
Can someone explain what the cause is?
Thanks in advance,
Bruce
I have been running Joplin on a Dell XPS 13 machine using Windows 10 for some time now. I migrated successfully from Evernote. I use it for document management and file loads of papers, mainly PDF files, using it. These are mainly things which are on my hard disk but there are also some URLs pointing to remote locations
I just hit a problem that may have a well-known solution – namely, that when I hover over what appears to be a web link (blue and underlined) I still get the bar cursor rather than the usual finger. Clicking on it does nothing. This is the same for local and remote links and for links within documents. If I hover for a bit longer, the address of the file appears part of which is a long hexadecimal number that has been allocated by Joplin. That number also appears in the markdown editor. I think that the address is correct.
Can someone explain what the cause is?
Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Are you using the Rich Text Editor?

When using that editor you use CTRL+Click to follow links. That is because as there is only the one pane to edit and view the note and you would not be able to click on the link text to edit it without triggering the link. The Markdown editor which has separate editor and render panes lets you to just click on the link in the render pane to activate it.

Thanks a lot. That seems to work. I thought there must be a simple solution. :wink:

Bruce

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.