Does the Window s Joplin 2.10.19 (prod, win32)
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 42
use the same database file/format as Android 2.10.8. ?
In other words, could I copy the file from Windows to Android using either USB or FTP over LAN?
My problem is getting all my notes uploaded and synced is proving difficult due to the number and my very limited bandwidth currently. I am doing it in stages but it is still difficult. So my thought is:
- Make sure both Windows and Android device are currently synced.
- Set sync target on both devices to none.
- Close app on Android
- Import the remaining 1,000 notes or so
- Close windows app
- Copy the database file from Windows to Android using FTP over LAN or USB
- Make sure the new file is on Android in the right place.
- Start windows and Android apps making sure all the notes display okay.
- When I have more bandwidth, set sync target back to drop box on Windows and Android (I seem to recall someone saying it remembers this setting and won't have to be reauthorized)
Would this work? Would it muck anything up? It seems like it should save me a lot of bandwidth and time not having to download it to Android over Dropbox.