Create note from highlighted text

This is one of my favourite plugin and I use it almost daily. Well done.

How can I express a newline character in the converTextToNewNoteSettingsBacklinkText setting so it translate into an actual newline in the new note?

For Context: I use deflists extensively to annotate notes with metadata and these require line breaks to get parsed/rendered.

This might be a more general question on Joplin setting strings independent of this particular plugin.

Hi,

I'm joining the team of heavy users of this plugin. Thanks a ton for it as it is an essential tool for my workflow :pray:

A small request to make it perfectly perfect for me: have it add a blank line after the backlink line.
AFAIC, this could be the default behavior as having an ending blank line is good practice (if not required), as a toggle option, or more generically, offer a placeholder for the link and make the backlink text a markdown chunk that users could customize to their liking.

Thanks again
J

It seems that the dev is no longer around, nor maintaining his plugins. A PR has been merged in Joplin core to supersede plugins.

Thus if someone wants to take over this plugin this is now a possibility. :wink:

Maybe we should create a fork under the joplin org and add a few maintainers.

Hi,

First post of the year so, very best wishes to all the good souls in this community, may this year bring its lot of Joplin awesomeness and enjoyment :slight_smile:

@tessus about the future of this plugin, it's so essential to me that I'd be voting straight to merge its features into the core app, or making it a "core plugin" as better suits!

Now for the next to grab that stick, I'll leave another request: it'd be nice to have options to copy origin note properties to new note, AFAIC specially URL (probably others may wish the same for location).
I'm heavily using this plugin to split big Web Clipped pages into "atomic" notes, sometime in a waterfall/recursive way, that I then spread into my notebooks. Keeping track of the origin URL in every "chunk" note thus created would be a very nice addition that would avoid climbing back up the ladder to find the source link.

TY
J

This is not a decision I can make. Laurent will have to look into this.

Currently I have no time to maintain this plugin or the code, if added to the core. But there are a bunch of devs out there who might.

This is already done when cloning notes. In theory it shouldn't be hard to add an option to this plugin to copy the meta data when creating a new note. Yet again, I am not the one, who can add this right now.

1 Like