Control-L functionality changed?

When editing markdown, Ctrl-L used to toggle between markdown edit, split markdown edit+note and note. It doesn’t any more, probably since I upgraded a week or so ago. It works if I click away from the markdown editing panel, but not if I click back into it.

This is a shame, because I liked to repeatedly do a quick Ctrl-L, Ctrl-L, Ctrl-L to check what my markdown looked like as I was editing it.

Joplin 1.0.224 (prod, win32)

Client ID: af3042f549064dd295e19deda278b7fe
Sync Version: 1
Profile Version: 30
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 1899d866 (master)

Don’t know what version I upgraded from.

Nope, it’s still there:

Which editor are you using?

Hi, thanks for replying.

I’m using the editor that’s built in to Joplin.

I think I may know what’s happened. I seem to have switched from using vim editing keys to emacs editing keys. I don’t recall doing so, but I may have done this on purpose as emacs is my normal editor of choice.

If I go back to vim keys, Control-L works as before.

So my question now is: is there a key or key sequence in emacs editing mode that does what Control-L does in vim editing mode?

Thanks again.

There isn’t. Joplin defines some commands (ctrl-L for example) and vim/emacs mode overwrite some of those commands for editor behavior. There is an open project now for better key binding so hopefully your issue will be fixed in the next few months.

Thanks. I think I’ll have to go back to vim keys, as the quick-view-of-marked-up-page function is so very useful.

I now get that Control-L in emacs mode does what emacs does, ‘recentre’ the current line at middle, top or bottom of screen. I’d rather have ‘switch-layout’.

Or you can just use the split view…

Not really - I don’t have a very big screen, so I want to see the full width, both for writing markdown and seeing what it looks like.