Changing todo list behavior

Suggestion: Changing todo behaviour so the text gets strikes in the preview

Current behavior

Proposed Behaviour:

I believe it will be a great addition. But do you think a large number of striked list will look good together ?

Well it is a standard convention to strike off the completed to-do in a lot of other apps

Well I think it would a good addition, and it seems simple enough to implement it, @PackElend @bedwardly-down any thought?

I’m at work, so would need to head home to make sure I understand what the original functionality is versus what you’re currently trying to do. I think i get it but need to physically check it.

1 Like

I am having trouble replicating this. On my version in both “light” and “dark” the todo’s already get a strikethrough when you check them.

In case it changed in a different version, I am using Joplin 1.0.197 (prod, darwin) on Mac

Unchecked:
Unchecked

Checked:
Checked

Let me know if I misunderstood.

If you want to use the strike-through behavior in the preview use this in your userstyle.css:

.md-checkbox input[type="checkbox"]:checked+label{
   text-decoration:line-through;
   color:#ababab;
}
3 Likes

If you add a todo while writing notes it does not get striked, the color gets faded

Ah I understand, looks like @tessus has you covered. You can also target this with the class .checkbox-label-checked but the other way works too.