Can't access main menu on Joplin GNU/Linux

How do I get back the Joplin main menu bar or access the main menu? I can't export all notes, access the settings, or check the version to report a bug, or anything else. I only get a window menu with options "New window, Quit". I've checked the gnome settings, checked if any joplin key shortcut could help, searched in this forum, on google.. I can't find any way to get the menu back and I need to export all my notebooks at once. I'm using Joplin on ubuntu 20.04
Please halp! I don't know what else to try - Thanks in advance!

Same issue here, nothing useful to add yet, but if I manage to get any logs or anything out of it I'll post them here.
I'm running Kubuntu 21.04

Update:
The issue does not appear specific to the Snap package, after removing the snap package and installing the app using the Install script, I still have the same issue.
The only error that I can find is the following:

Gtk-Message: 18:10:17.495: Failed to load module "window-decorations-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 18:10:17.495: Failed to load module "colorreload-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 18:10:17.495: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"

(joplin:38248): dbind-WARNING **: 18:10:17.528: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-LJbMEZ7jtj: No such file or directory
/usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids: No such file or directory

My hardware:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Radeon RX 6900 XT

My software:
Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE Plasma) 21.04
Joplin-desktop snap v2.3.5 (as mentioned above, I also tried installed joplin directly)

I should also note, this issue could have coincided with any of following three things, which all happened in a short period of time:
1: Updating joplin (I did rollback and the issue persisted, so I don't think this caused it.)
2: I purchased a new GPU to replace my previous NVidia GT1030
3: I upgraded from Kubuntu 20.04.2 (LTS) to Kubuntu 21.04

If there is any other info I can provide that will help with troubleshooting, please let me know.

Further update (including my solution):
In my case, it turns out this was due to changed default behaviour in KDE Plasma.
The solution that worked for me was the following:

From the Application Dashboard/Launcher/Menu, select "Settings" (in the Launcher: under "Applications") → "System Settings" → "Application Style" → "Window Decorations" → "Titlebar Buttons"; then drag and drop the "Application menu" icon to the titlebar.

Source: Unix Stack Exchange, the forum won't me include a link for some reason, but the question title is "KDE global menu disappeared in Plasma 5.12" (question number 425168).

Hopefully this helps someone else.

Thank you :slight_smile: Unfortunately I cannot seem to find a way to fix this on gnome :confused: I've tried searching among the "gnome tweaks" settings and the system settings, and installing appmenu-gtk3-module, nothing so far.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.