Any suggestions on what plugins could be created?

I'd like to be able to click a button on the toolbar which would give me note statistics. Just to save a click.

There is already a command palette option for this, so you wouldn't even need to take your hands off the keyboard. Type Ctrl Shift P and then start to type "statistics" (for me it comes up just at "stat"). Hit enter and then it pops up. But, yes, if your hand is already on the mouse then this won't help.

1 Like

Hi, I am using Confluence for a quite a while and I found a very usefull plugin there. If I have it in Joplin I even ready to pay for the development.

Story

I have many checkboxes in many notes/todos with a syntax:

Note X

Some text...

• [ ] @mention_asignee //YYYY-MM-DD Something that should be done 1

Some text...

Todo Y

Some text...

• [ ] @mention_asignee //YYYY-MM-DD Something that should be done 2

Some text...

I want to see them collected from all notebooks in a table with filters:

- [ ] Task Asignee Due Source
- [ ] Something that should be done 1 mention_asignee YYYY-MM-DD Note X
- [ ] Something that should be done 2 mention_asignee YYYY-MM-DD Todo Y

The table should have features:

• Filters for all columns
  • Hide, unhide done checkboxes
  • Sorting for all columns
  • Checking checkbox in Table column is checking checkbox in the source
  • Changing date in Table column is changing date in the source
  • Source note/todo should be clickable

It allows me to have a track on all tasks I have in my notes. And control my teammates and my work.

It would be a very nice feature for a project management and team collaboration. It is an excellent feature for teamwork development of Joplin.

If needed I can demonstrate how it works in Confluence. And again, I can pay for a development, I really want this plugin in Joplin.

2 Likes

I tried Note list and sidebar toggle buttons plugin, I can toggle sidebar and note list, but I can’t toggle editors. One button more would be great for showing only tasks in the note list.

Or perhaps xml rendering, this would enable import of all major notating programs and could perhaps easier implied.

The more I'm using Joplin, the more I directly use my notes when doing presentations (skipping the tedious work to create slideshow), scrolling down....
It would be nice to be able to create notes as slides (using separator I guess) and possibly display them in a separated window. Which would be useful when using a dedicated presentation screen, and would allow the presenter to edit the slide "live".
Thanks for all the work done by the community.

For people from the future, here's some suggestions how to develop such plugin and how to workaround it via vscode

3 Likes

I'm not sure if the plugin @graphit0 linked uses it, but the syntax does kinda look like Marp.

Maybe it could work for you, @bruncha?
Write the note in Marp, then open it in some other app that can display it as a presentation?

3 Likes

Of course I meant musicxml... For Musicxml exists a plugin for notation software, called dolet. Perhaps this could be adapted?

Or one could also think about MusiXTEX - perhaps this is easier because mathtex resp. math symbols are already implemented?

Can we have something like this Obisidan Spaced Repetition Plugin for Joplin (maybe a port)?

It allows you to "make" flashcards very easily, e.g. in the single-line style: "Question::Answer". It then collects all of these "flashcards" and shows them to you in a separate dialogue for reviewing/memorizing:

Some more complex usecases are supported too, although Anki is a better experience to hardcore users. However, for a small text-based knowledge base, the advantage of the plugin is that you don't have to set up and maintain a separate flashcard app/database/cards, but can work with your existing apps/folders/synchronizations.

For example, if I already have a Joplin note with my friends' birthdays, I could use the plugin above to memorize the individual dates, without having to feed them into another app.

3 Likes

First, I'd like to have a plugin that could trace and delete one of 1+ duplicated notes (I messed up with .ENEX imports...).
Also, a way to create sub-labels, to create a "label family" - so far I just name-subname-subsubname; it would be more practical to be able to order them in groups.

1 Like

There's an app called Anki that does spaced repetition and someone on reddit made an unpublished plugin to link them, but I don't think anyone's done a built in version yet

1 Like

LanguageTool integration
I like to compose my notes using a writing assistant like LanguageTool. To do that, I'm writing in the LanguageTool app and pasting in Joplin, but it's inconvenient. There is an Obsidian plugin using LanguageTool's API (I can't include the link)

4 Likes

Reset a to-do list

In a notebook with many to-dos it would be useful to have a way to tick and untick all the to-dos. (Possibly, with an option to be used when the "tick/untick all the to-does" action is done by mistake)

Examples in which this is useful can be a list of items that I buy every time I go to the supermarket, or exercises I want do without repetition. I'd like to put a check mark next to the to-do once I buy the item in the supermarket or I complete an exercise. Then, when all the to-does are done, I'd like to quickly reset all the check mark, so next time I can start up again.
In general I'd find it useful when I have to go over the same list of to-dos many times, each time starting from zero.

4 Likes

Hello, I like to suggest a plugin to send existing note or multiple notes to a configured folder, similar to the "send to" feature of windows desktop.

This is sort of quick send to x folder or to x application.

Example would be sending to a third party app like obsidian to further process the notes.

The user would setup the file/app locatiion first in the plugin option page
Send to Obsidian
Folder path: c:\user\obsidian-vault\joplin-share

Send to Logseq
Folder path: c:\user\logseq-folder\joplin-share

In the app front, when the user right click the mouse, it would show the "Send to" menu and you just choose which app to send the notes.

I'm not sure if you could send the text on the notes directly to third party applications though.

TIA

I'd like to be able to change the font size for just the selected text.

Is there a way to add plugins to the right-click context menu?

I believe plugins add their own buttons to menus so that's something you could petition a plugin author about

Here's one. Ability to enter emojis on keyboard with a quick shortcut, like "!!" or something...

On windows Windowskey + . and you got

1 Like