Any suggestion on updating notes on an isolated PC?

• The version you are using. Joplin 2.8.8 portable
  • The operating system you are using. Windows 10 21H2

I have a PC that is isolated and cannot reach my cloud service to which I sync the rest of my devices to. I need to keep it's notes up to date on occasion and wondered if anyone had any good suggestions.

I use OneDrive for all my other devices (Windows and Android) and all is fine. Just wondering if someone had a clever idea on how to manually keep this isolated PC up to date. Since I already use a Cloud Service using a File System synch isn't available.

The best idea I can come up with is to export a JEX file on my mail PC and copy it to a USB thumb drive. Then delete the notes on the other machine and import them from the JEX. Not a lot of notes so it goes pretty fast. Sync would be one way TO the isolated PCs Joplin, nothing FROM it.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Could adding a second profile to a non-isolated PC help? I think filesystem synchronization could be enabled in one of the profiles and OneDrive synchronization in the other.

1 Like

I believe you can still use the file system sync option. Just go to settings, change the method to file system, run sync, and then switch back to OneDrive.

But do make a backup of your notes just in case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.