Alarm on note

I think it would be nice to be able to set alarms for regular notes as well - not just notes of the to-do type.

Rationale: Sometimes I want to be reminded of a note a long time in the future, but I do not need to see that note on top of my list (along with the todos) all the time until then.

What do you think?

11 Likes

I agree. This would be a handy feature that you can optionally turn on.

Also to have repeated reminds like in Google Keep would be amazing!

5 Likes

@laurent would this be very complicated to make available for notes as well? If not, could you just point me to a file and I look into it.

4 Likes

It would be because it doesn’t fit Joplin’s model. Notes are just notes. To-dos are notes but with additional properties: is_todo, todo_completed, todo_due, etc. (it’s based on the iCal spec). The todo_due is a date that tells when the task should be done, and that’s what is used to set up the alarm, and notes don’t have this.

I can see why it would be useful but I can’t think of any simple solution (I guess a way that would work now would be to move the task to a notebook that’s not often used, so you won’t see the note)

1 Like

Ah, I see. Too bad. Thanks for the info.

This would make sense. Todo should not be the only thing that has alarms.

6 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Please add alarms to notes aswell

2 Likes

Why cant notes have alarms too?

The answer is here:

I also would like to see this. Maybe something for the currently developed plugin system…

2 Likes

My suggestion is to use
-tags for those notes, or
-place them into an own notebook
and additionaly creating a search-note (with use of the overview-plugin), that looks for these tags/notebooks, or

• using the favorites-plugin,
  • or ...