A small number of local items are always deleted automatically when the total exceeds a certain number

Hello, I am using Window 10 and Joplin Portable 1.0.179.

With WebDav synchronization, a small number of local items are always automatically deleted when the total exceeds a certain number (possibly 747). What should I do?

Thank you so much.

Automatically delete many local items.
In addition, the exported raw or jex format notes will be missing some pictures when imported into joplin.

This is most likely the note revisions - they get deleted when they are older than x days. Your notes, notebooks, etc. will not be automatically deleted.

Thank you for your reply.
But some local notes were also deleted automatically at the same time, and it seemed to be related to the number of items rather than the modification time of the notes. I tested it several times and got the same result.

There’s nothing in Joplin that would delete items based on the total number, so I’m not sure what you are seeing. Or perhaps it’s what you’re syncing with that’s deleting files and Joplin is just syncing that.

I retested it once more to illustrate this synchronization failure. I created 800 local .md files and imported them into a new empty joplin (there are 5 default notes). After encryption, they were synchronized through the webdav of Nut Cloud. The total number before synchronization was 811, but it became 747 after synchronization. The number of notes has been reduced accordingly.

How do I solve this problem? Thank you very much.

Your items are deleted because they aren’t on the sync target. I don’t think there’s much more to it.

Thank you very much for your reply. I did not delete anything, but 800 notes became 736 after synchronization. What I want to say is that some notes have been deleted, not items.

Is there any plan to fix this bug in the next version? Thank you.

Fix what? If jianguoyun is deleting your data past a certain cap, you need to contact them or switch to a different provider, there’s nothing we can do.

It’s not possible to know what the issue is from the info your provided. I would suggest the following:

• Export all your notes as JEX
  • Delete your local profile (everything in JoplinPortable)
  • Delete everything on jianguoyun
  • Import your JEX file
  • Sync

If the problem happens again, please provide the log https://joplinapp.org/debugging

console.txt (47.7 KB) log.txt (1.0 MB)