Operating system
Windows
Joplin version
3.7.18
Desktop version info
Joplin 3.7.18 (prod, win32)
Device: win32, AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core Processor
Client ID: 619f05f737564a37913a77b8e03329be
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 53
Keychain Supported: Yes
Alternative instance ID: -
Sync target: File system
Editor: Rich Text
Revision: ce25482
Backup: 1.5.1
Csv Import: 1.0.1
Note Tabs: 1.4.0
Rich Text Editor Tables Keyboard Shortcuts: 1.0.0
Sync target
File system
What issue do you have?
I am syncing to local file system, which is usually instant. I turned on encryption about a month ago, and whenever Joplin decides to sync it leads to long frequent lockups. They eventually clear, but they really seem too long for what it's doing. I get a 'completed [date] [time] (180ms)' message in the Sync area, but that's obviously wrong, it's several seconds of freezing. And 180ms seems way too long to encrypt one note on this beast anyhow. Unless it's repeatedly re-encrypting everything, which is possible, because even though I have sync set at 30 minutes it'll do it again in a few minutes. Or not.
Anyhow, I could just turn off encryption, but thought maybe I was doing something dumb or was not working as expected. I do see I have two keys, but only one active. If this re-encrypting all 900 items every time and this is expected I'll just turn it off. If it is actually a bug I'll do the github thing. Thanks!


