What exactly is the profile function for?

Operating system

Linux

Joplin version

Desktop version info

Joplin 2.14.20 (prod, linux)

Client ID: 1e04f63fb32d4ec59e1d2fec166d1548
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 46
Keychain Supported: No

Emoji: 1.0.4
Enhancement: 1.2.1
Kanban: 1.1.0
Markdown Table: Colorize: 1.2.0

Sync target

File system

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

I really don't get the idea of profiles, but I think it's just me…
So want to kindly ask here about it, I hope someone can explain to me the idea behind that function.

I searched in the forum but didn't find anything which explain this function, but I wanna sorry myself if I didn't search good enough. :pray:

Note: My initial idea to try this function was to have different organization of notes, like one for private note-taking and one for the company, for example. So the settings for the styling of the markdown
files should be also different. In my case the plugins can be the same but not the settings as said. So I thought the profile function would solve my situation, but didn't.

Else, the joplin note application is one of the best note-taking applications i know.

Say you want to have personal notes and saved at nextcloud. That could be one profile.

Another profile might be your employer. Say they give you access to joplincloud for syncing.

You may have a third profile - You may also have some friends working at a secret startup, and at a second nextcloud instance.

And you don't want any of this content to mix itself up, as work may fire you next Monday, and your startup might get bought out for billions and you have to turn over all IP to get the money.

2 Likes

Okay, this makes sense so far. But sadly, the settings are the same of the default profile. Is there a possibility to change this?

I mean the settings for styling of the markdown respectively the PDF export, for example, I want to have different style settings for profile A and other style settings for Profile B.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.