A web clipper is now available in the latest desktop release. To use it, go to Option > Web Clipper Options and follow the instructions. You can:
- Clip a complete page
- Clip a simplified version of the page (based on Firefox’s Reader View feature)
- Clip a screenshot of the page
Communication between the Joplin app and the extension is done via a mini HTTP server, so you might need to allow that port on your firewall (you should be prompted automatically on Windows).
This is still a beta release so expect some glitches here and there. Feedback is welcome!
- It should be possible to specify the default notebook where the created notes go (currently it will go in the last created notebook)
- Sometimes the preview content goes over the Submit button in the extension popup
- It works in Firefox too but it’s not released yet
- Only tested on Windows so far so not sure if it works on macOS and Linux yet