Update resource - eg, embedded spreadsheet

If I have a spreadsheet in a note and open it from Joplin, make some changes and save it, I can open it from the note again later on the same device and it will have the changes, which is great. However, after sync, if I open the note on another device the note will show any changes I’ve made, but the embedded spreadsheet never changes. It looks like the attached resource never gets updated when synced.

This is a feature I find really handy in Evernote. Is this something that Joplin could do?

I think there’s a bug open on github for this issue.

Thanks. Yes, I see it now. Haven’t got to grips with Github yet.

No worries, I usually would have posted the link to the issue here, but I am still at work thus my time for searching the issue is rather limited.

Does anyone know if this issue was been resolved or what the git hub issue number is? I was searching but couldn’t find it.

I have been working in a spreadsheet on my computer. I have edited the document and saved it however I was surprised to find that the changes never sync to my mobile device. This seems like a critical issue for data integrity and a serious limitation for an app that has syncing capabilities.

I believe Joplin stores a datetime in the database for resources. When a resource is saved, couldn’t the app check if the datetime was updated and sync the data?

Does anyone know of a work around to get updated resources to sync across devices? Is there a way for me to tell Joplin manually that I updated a resource and it needs to be synced with other devices?

I think its this one: https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/issues/279