'Unwanted' Markdown with '=' - is that behaviour new?

Hello,

I discovered a (for me) new behaviour after updating to 2.10.8 (android) from 2.8.1:
When after a paragraph there is a equal sign ('=') in a new line then the paragraph before is marked bold.

I do actually use this equal-character in many of my notes in that way.

So a paragraph like this would be completely marked bold:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

(I realized after posting that in the post it shows the same behaviour, so you cannot see the '='. It is in a new line after the last word ('voluptua.'))

Something like this would be normal as expected:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. =

Or if the '=' is precedes by a blank line.

I could not find any wanted Markdown behaviour with a single '='. I know, that '==' can be used for a heading if it is in a new line after some text. Maybe that is what is happening here. But it would be awkward if the behaviour is started with just a single '='.

Anyone with the same experience or some advise?

Thanks ahead
Gerd

Version: Android 2.10.8

The same behaviour appears in 2.8.1 for me so I don't think it is related to 2.9 or 2.10.

Either way this is a valid setex heading according to commonmark.

heading
=

A setext heading consists of one or more lines of text, not interrupted by a blank line, of which the first line does not have more than 3 spaces of indentation, followed by a setext heading underline

Example

(btw you can use code blocks if you want to demonstrate markdown without it rendering)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.