Typing with UNICODE codes

Hi,
I need to type characters that are not on the keyboard, such as ā ī ū ṛ ṝ ḷ ḹ ṃ ḥ ṅ ṭ ḍ ṇ ś ṣ.
With MS Word and LO Writer I use the UNICODE codes. Is there any method to do it in Joplin (different from copy and paste and the character map)?

Thanks

Joplin 2.7.15 (prod, win32)
ID del Cliente: eee54006aa794fecb8a1c84835a1ee59
Versión de la Sincronización: 3
Versión del Perfil: 41
Llavero Soportado: Sí
Revisión: 8352e23

Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1645)

There is no built-in solution for Joplin at the moment that I know of. But if you willing to do some work than you can use Slash Command Plugin (disclaimer: I am the author of this plugin) and build yourself a command set.

Something like /0233 to é, /0224 to à, etc. If you decide to do so, it would be great if you share your command definitions in here, so maybe others can use it too.

@hieuthi

Thank you very much.

You solved my problem. Very good plugin. It would be great if you could improve the editing of the commands.

Just one observation. On my main computer, running Windows 10, the plugin works perfectly but on another computer running Windows 7 it does not work. I guess it is not important.

I made two commands to directly select the characters I need. I share the commands definitions, in case someone needs to do something similar with any character.

["string", "77", ["ā","ī","ū","ṛ","ṝ","ḷ","ḹ","ṃ","ḥ","ṅ","ñ","ṭ","ḍ","ṇ","ś","ṣ"]]
["string", "78", ["Ā","Ī","Ū","Ṛ","Ṝ","Ḷ","Ḹ","Ṃ","Ḥ","Ṅ","Ñ","Ṭ","Ḍ","Ṇ","Ś","Ṣ"]]

I used the number "7" because on my spanish keyboard it is the slash key. So it is very simple and fast to type the command.

Best regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.