TO-DO Reminders do not pop-up

Hello folks,

Besides having issues with UI (see this topic) there is an issue with TO-DO reminders that do not pop up. I have tested a few times and never saw a popup window or any kind of reminder. Settings look fine and time and date are visible there but still, nothing ever happens.
I believe that the two issues may be related.
OS Win 10 latest update, Joplin latest versioin, two monitor setup.
Thanks,
Salasso

Log?

The entire log file was too big but I have identified a part that seems quite relevant.
reminder.txt (2.0 KB)

Joplin latest versioin

Please read the template:

• The version you are using. LATEST VERSION is not a version number!

So which version?

Desktop - portable
1.0.175 (prod, win32)
Revision: 8c1d13b3 (HEAD)

There's a fix for that in pre-release v1.0.177. Please could you give it a try and see if helps?

By the way it's because of this that "latest version" is meaningless to us - sometimes people don't know that they don't have the latest version, or don't know about pre-releases, or a new version is released a few days later so we no longer know what "latest version" refers to.

2 Likes

@laurent: I had the same issue and installed the pre-release - now the reminders are working like a charm, thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Tested and it works. I’d prefer a popup window that goes over all open windows but OK, I can live with this.
Also, the issue with UI here is no longer present so it seems I guessed right that the two issues are related.
Thank you.
S