"The sync target could not be upgraded due to an error"

Hi, the error message said I should post here for support. Here's what it said:

Joplin upgrade in progress...
Please wait while the sync target is being upgraded. It may take a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the upgrade. The application will automatically restart once it is completed.

Error
The sync target could not be upgraded due to an error. For support, please copy the complete content of this page and paste it in the forum: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/

The full error was:

Error: Could not create directory: . Path:

Error: Error: Could not create directory: . Path:
at FileApiDriverLocal.fsErrorToJsError_ (/tmp/.mount_JoplinPEsvIm/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/file-api-driver-local.js:20:18)
at FileApiDriverLocal.mkdir (/tmp/.mount_JoplinPEsvIm/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/file-api-driver-local.js:120:15)
at async SyncTargetFilesystem.initFileApi (/tmp/.mount_JoplinPEsvIm/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/SyncTargetFilesystem.js:35:3)
at async SyncTargetFilesystem.fileApi (/tmp/.mount_JoplinPEsvIm/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/BaseSyncTarget.js:70:19)
at async SyncTargetFilesystem.initSynchronizer (/tmp/.mount_JoplinPEsvIm/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/SyncTargetFilesystem.js:40:38)
at async SyncTargetFilesystem.synchronizer (/tmp/.mount_JoplinPEsvIm/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/BaseSyncTarget.js:106:26)

Please advise a course of action. Thank you

What do you make of the support post template? Did you just delete it without even reading it?

To report a bug, please let us know:

• The version you are using. LATEST VERSION is not a version number!

• If you report a problem with upgrading, please let us know both versions (from/to).

• The operating system you are using.

If you can also please provide a log, as described here: https://joplinapp.org/debugging

Posts that do not at least state the version number and operating system will not be answered.

Apologies! It was late at night and I simply forgot to do these steps.

I was going to follow the steps now, but surprisingly the app just launched normally and no error occurred this time. Please consider this closed.

Many thanks for the recent fixes and for the excellent app!

1 Like