HELP needed: Sync Target upgrade error

This morning on starting my favorite companion on my work laptop, I got a message that the sync target needs to be upgraded. However, I don't recall having updated the joplin app. It looks like syncing from android phone still works.

Laptop: win 11 (just upgraded from win 10),
Joplin info:
Joplin 2.9.17 (prod, win32)

Client ID: XXX
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: a84a8e7

Please help, as I really got to rely on Joplin.

Maarten

Error
The sync target could not be upgraded due to an error. For support, please copy the complete content of this page and paste it in the forum: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/

The full error was:

Could not upgrade from version 1 to version 2: PUT info.json: "Joplin/info.json" is locked (Exception OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked) (423): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="sabre/dav"> <s:exception>OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked</s:exception> <s:message>"Joplin/info.json" is locked</s:message> </d:error>

Error: Could not upgrade from version 1 to version 2: PUT info.json: "Joplin/info.json" is locked (Exception OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked) (423): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="sabre/dav">
<s:exception>OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked</s:exception>
<s:message>"Joplin/info.json" is locked</s:message>
</d:error>

at newError (C:\Users\BonnemaGM\AppData\Local\Programs\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\WebDavApi.js:414:11)
at WebDavApi.exec (C:\Users\BonnemaGM\AppData\Local\Programs\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\WebDavApi.js:441:11)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
at async FileApiDriverWebDav.put (C:\Users\BonnemaGM\AppData\Local\Programs\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\file-api-driver-webdav.js:201:10)

Additional info: on my old linux box, with the same version of joplin running, things look fine.

Some more info: it works on the linux box, and the upgrade took place successfully on that one. I noticed that in the webdav folder there were two files in the locks folder. After closing all apps, one file remained. I deleted that one.

Still, syncing fine on the linux box. No upgrade possible on the win11 box with the same error page shown.

Also, the Android app (v2.10.8) now raises error about not being able to upgrade due to file .sync/version.txt being locked

Any help much appreciated!

This is a bug in nextcloud, if you search for filelocked you'll find many threads about this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.