Note list and sidebar toggle buttons: 1.0.3
ReMoods Theme: 4.6.4
Rich Markdown: 0.13.3
Tagging: 1.0.3
Text Colorize: 1.2.5

Editor

Rich Text Editor

What issue do you have?

since the update all the notes I had imported from Evernote (which is the vast majority of them) have decided to force themselves to be black-text-on-white-background in the rich text editor, completely independent of my theme. yes, I've tried using the colorize plugin - nothing happens. if I select all and paste into a new note, it's fine, but there are literally 300+ notes that have become like this and I'm not doing that. if I duplicate the note, the problem persists.

Screenshots

What happens if you disable the ReMoods Theme?

was happening before I installed it. installed it in an attempt to fix it. did nothing.

From your screenshot it looks like you imported your Evernote notes as HTML as the apostrophes are shown as HTML code (') in the note list preview.

HTML notes will use their own embedded HTML code for formatting. When you copy/paste the text of one of these notes into a new note the new note will be a Markdown note and the theme will apply. Duplicating the note creates another HTML note so the display issue still occurs.

However I would have thought that these HTML notes would have displayed just the same in previous versions of Joplin. You say "since the update...", what version of Joplin were you using before?

originally installed as 2.3.11, updated to 2.13.14 before this and was mostly fine. the text color sometimes didn't change properly (would stay black against the dark background) but all I had to do was click onto a newly-created note and click back to fix it. also, I imported the notes from evernote in what I had been led to believe was the recommended way - via whole notebooks exported as evernote archive files.