Client ID: 820d93780f0b43faaccc1203c623e03c
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 6670f9a

Sync target

OneDrive

What issue do you have?

Sync error message - see below and screenshot. What does it mean, and what do I have to do?

Completed: 28/12/2023 16:09 (5s)
Last error: Error: Cannot acquire sync lock: either the lock could be written but not read back. Or it was expired before it was read again.

Screenshots

OK, I just quite Joplin, and restarted, and pressed Sync, and it seems to have worked!

Would you agree with me that it is generally good (even standard) practice after an error is generated to

• try and reproduce the error
  • restart the app
  • (may be) restart the computer or network connection ?

... bevor taking the time and post ?

Yep. Agreed.

Thanks

1 Like

The error message could be improved by adding suggestions for the user to try in order to rectify the situation. If you read the error message below, its technical, and is of no practical use to the user.

It does not suggest why the sync lock could not be aquired, or how it expired, or, most importantly, as I have written above, what the user can do to try to rectify the situation.

Completed: 28/12/2023 16:09 (5s)
Last error: Error: Cannot acquire sync lock: either the lock could be written but not read back. Or it was expired before it was read again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.