Sticky notes

@RaXorX I was curious if you figured out anything to get this sort of functionality with joplin? I am looking for a workaround. I think I have an idea of how this might be able to work, but it would require joplin to have the ability to link to a note outside of joplin.

I know exactly exactly the feature you are talking about from Notezilla. You can attach a note to any window and it will bring up the note if you ever open that window. . I believe it uses the window title name to keep track of with the sqlite or database.... So be it a web page, a word document or even a folder file, the post it/sticky note will pop up.

It is really nice because you can create a sticky note, "link " it to a window, ie a forum thread, and take some notes. If you ever return to that same thread, the post it note will just pop up like magic provided the window window title is unique. You can see what you wrote and also you can add to it.

There are a number of other sticky note applications that have this function. On my old pc I have a free application that does this, but I do not remember the name. This feature can be seen in the video on note zilla here: Windows: Attach sticky notes to Microsoft Word documents in Windows using Notezilla - YouTube

If there was a way to create a filesystem link, that opens a joplin note, you could likely make something like this work by placing a link to the joplin note on the pinned sticky note Are URL links on the roadmap?

There is a Thunderbird (email client) extension that does the same thing with thunderbird emails. GitHub - mikehardy/thunderlink: Link to your Thunderbird emails!

It would not be as nice as having it baked into joplin, but it would get the job done.

Hope you figured out another way...