Keychain Supported: No

Revision: a84a8e7

also

Android:
Database V42
FTS enabled: 1
Hermes enabled: 1

Hi all,

I'm using the file system syncronisation target on both linux and android.
Then, syncthing is syncing the files.

It's been working fine for some time, but lately I've noted it out of sync, and now I'm seeing "Some items cannot be decrypted. View them now" on the linux client.

I try and "retry all" but it doesn't help.

I am not sure how to get these items / notes visible. Currently they are showing as a key icon with the text encrypted beside them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Does one of your devices (hopefully the desktop) have a complete, "good" set of all your notes ?

Unfortunately no. They have different notes on each one, some showing on one device, some on another. It's relatively new, I could within half an hour rebuild the complete note collection. But, I'd hate this to happen again. So I wonder what it was, and how to stop it again as well as re-creating / fixing the issue.

Please see here: If you have a problem with encryption, please read this first! · Issue #8446 · laurent22/joplin · GitHub You may need to update your client

Beautiful that did it.
My mistake was thinking Joplin was installed via flathub or apt, so it was updating. But it was not.

So I found the script:

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/laurent22/joplin/dev/Joplin_install_and_update.sh | bash

and it's all now working. Appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.