[Solved] Permission needed... Starting... Screen in chrome web-clipper extention

I just wanted to evaluate Joplin & Webclipper and had the same issue (Permission needed when there's no way to authorise the clipper in the app).

Windows 10, Web Clipper 2.1.3, Joplin 2.1.8 (portable), service enabled.

Thanks,it' realy useful.

Still facing to the same issue, "Permission needed" on macOS 11.3.1 with Joplin 2.1.8 (not portable), Firefox 90.0.2, Web Clipper 2.1.3.

If you exit the app config screen, does the notification show up?

Which config screen do you mention about, Joplin itself or web clipper? Neither one show any notification, though.

BTW, I'm using macOS without SIP.

Can you exit the DESKTOP APP config screen? Go to the main screen basically, where the note list is. Then try again to open the clipper - is the DESKTOP APP now showing a notification?

If that doesn't work:

Solved!! I did on main screen so far. But I just realize a message saying " The Web Clipper needs your authorisation to access your data. Grant authorisation / Reject" appeared at the top of DESKTOP APP. When I clicked "Grant authorisation", the web clipper started to work correctly again! Thank you very much!!

The notification message should be made more visible...

You mean the message was there before but you didn't notice it? In that case we should probably do something to make it flash or something.

Did you use a particular theme that perhaps makes the banner less obvious? (I tend to think in dark mode it doesn't really stand out)

I don't use any particular theme, just used the default.

Well, actually, when I clip some web page, I don't see the main window of desktop app. And almoast always there is a notification banner as synchronization error at the top of desktop app (That is another issue I have to resolve...). I guess that's why I missed the notification for authorization. I would like to make the font size in the banner bigger at least.

Regards,

Ok I've now converted the notification to a modal that would show up in any screen, including config screen, so hopefully that should clear out some of the confusion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.