[Solved] "New Note"/"New Todo" shortcuts on Android. Change default Notebook

I am using Joplin 2.4.3 on Android.
The "New Note" and "New to-do" shortcuts available when long pressing the Joplin icon could be very convenient, but at the moment the new notes just get added to an arbitrary notebook where I don't want them.

Is there a way to change the destination of these notes? It does not seem to be related to Alphabetical order, nor the order in which the notebooks were created or last modified.

1 Like

Hi,

The creation of the note or todo is done in the last selected notebook. So it's not random but the fact that you can choose a default notebook is a good idea for those who use an "inbox" workflow.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

The creation of the note or todo is done in the last selected notebook.

This was my first though as well. Maybe I am experiencing a bug?
In the video attached you can see that:

1. "__Heute" is selected.
  2. The new Note is created in "Welcome! (Mobile)"
  3. After creating my note I am kicked back to "__Heute"
  4. The note really is in "Welcome! (Mobile)"

This behavior persists are reinstalling the app; the only thing that changed was the "default" destination of the note (it used to be "_Projectkliste")

youtube dot com/watch?v=ZYMnpNeiHXU

:thinking: strange. I have the impression that the character _ in the notebook title causes problems because it is interpreted as a space... Could you try to remove this character and redo the test?

Removing the underscores did not change anything.
I did, however, discover a way to bypass the problem entirely.
When I close the app entirely the shortcut works as expected!
This bug only seems to occur when you leave the app running in the background (which is what I usually do).

I'm going to mark this thread as solved, thanks for the help!
Since this is almost certainly not the desired behaviour I might open a github Issue about this later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.