Desktop version info

Joplin 2.13.12 (prod, darwin)

Client ID: 4e92d87a7738456da05d6d74cc07eb7e
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: No

Revision: e027cdc

What issue do you have?

I type a new note with a few lines, pressing enter gives me just one line break, just like most other text editors and email apps, perfect.
I change to another note.
When i come back to the aforementioned first note, all my line breaks are now doubled.
How can i fix this??
There is a markdown option for enable soft breaks, but ticked or un ticked, the result is the same.
I have 4 days left in my trial for Joplin, i'm coming for Evernote, exploring alternatives for a note-taking app with notebooks, no coding, markdown, bells and whistles
This is a dealbreaker as I NEVER want double line breaks in my notes.
Thanks in advance!

This seems to be a bug! (Thank you for reporting this!)

I haven't been able to reproduce this:

• Environment: Joplin 2.13.13/Ubuntu 23.10 Linux
  • Note content: Testing with an existing note with 2-3 paragraphs and the rich text editor.
  • Additional information: For me, pressing Enter creates a new paragraph and pressing Shift-Enter creates a new line. Switching between notes doesn't convert new lines into paragraphs.

Information that might help us fix this

1. Information about the notes this is happening with

• Does this also with new note created by the New note button (e.g. as opposed to an existing note)?
    screenshot: New note button
  • Does this happen with notes imported from Evernote?

2. The HTML content of the editor

Knowing the HTML content of the rich text editor for an example note with single line breaks (not doubled) may help us fix this issue and create a test case.

Getting the HTML content of the rich text editor is a bit complicated. One way to do this is:

1. Create a new test note with several line breaks.
  2. Start by opening the developer tools. This can be accessed under the "Help" menu:
  3. The developer tools should show up. One of the tabs on the top should be labeled "Elements". Open that tab:
  4. Next, click on the element selector button in the top left of the window.
  5. Click on part of the content in the editor:
  6. Find a line that starts with <body id="tinymce"
  7. Right-click on that line and select "Copy", then "Copy outerHTML"

It should then be possible to paste the outerHTML into the forum (perhaps surrounded with `s).

It should look similar to this: <body id="tinymce" class="mce-content-body jop-tinymce" data-id="tinymce-17047728293426229" aria-label="Rich Text Area. Press ALT-0 for help." contenteditable="true"><p>This<br>is</p><p>a<br>test<br>note</p><p>Does<br>it<br>work???</p></body>.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.