Simplifed text editing function & alternatives to required markdown view

Version - 2.8.8 (prod, win32)
OS - Windows 10

Hi All,

I am a new convert to Joplin and have been quite impressed with its features and ease of use. I also appreciate the significant of supporting open-source software and how supportive/active the community is around it. Joplin provides me a lightweight note taking app which syncs notebooks and notes between my PC and Phone. It has yet to disappoint!

As my primary usage is for note taking, I am looking for a way to adjust, customize, hack, or addon which allows to take and edit notes in a more simplified manner. I am the first to admit that I am not a markdown expert, yet my aim is to not need to use it or see it as I type.

Between the markdown views, split views, preview modes, and even Rich Text Addon etc. I have tried each layout and mode to try and find something that would get me this functionality.

Here's a quick screen-grab of what I am attempting to explain.

My goal is to see if there is any support or option to adjust Joplin to function more like a lightweight and simplified Evernote, Word, etc type of application. And after searching through these forums, reddit, git repositories, plugins, themes, hacks, etc. I am completely stumped as to whether what I am looking for is even possible, a potential bug, or a brand new feature request that has yet to be developed.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am super grateful to this community already for the numerous themes and tools they have already shared, and look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on the above!

2 Likes

What you're looking for is this image button (the pencil looking part) in the top right of Joplin. It will toggle the rich text editor (not the plugin) which is a simplified version of what you are requesting.

Markdown view

Rich text view

Notice that the toggle on the right hand side has changed.

1 Like

Thank you. Should I disable the Richard Markdown plugin?

You might as well. The plugin only affects the markdown viewer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.