Setting up sync on work network

This is likely a foolish question but here goes:
I want to have a copy of Joplin on my work computer AND my home computer AND my phone.
The work network has all the ports locked down so I cannot use Dropbox (hey I’m a NOOB) to sync the portable instance of Joplin. So what files do I need to sync with the portable instance AND is there any recommendation as to how to do it in Windows?
Cheers,

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Ah, this seems tough. Maybe you could set up Syncthing to sync to phone, your PC, and a location near your portable install? (Even though that would obviously only update once you have access to the 'net.)

Alternatively, and I’d definitely go for this option if it were possible: can you use the portable version (on a - preferably encrypted - USBstick) both at work and at home?

If yes, problem solved: set it up to sync with Dropbox or something, do your sync at home PC.
The downside is, any notes you create at work will only sync (and get to your phone) once you get home and open Joplin there.
The upside is this is really easy to set up and use.

Hi I thought I would respond with what I am doing.
First thanks zblesk, I basically did what you suggested.
I found veracrypt which I can use because I have admin rights on the computer and I created an encrypted container on the thumb drive.
Normally thumbdrives use the FAT32 format (this is so they can used in almost any device) but in order to make a container bigger than 4GB you need to use NTSF.
Joplin portable now sits within the encrypted container.
Then when I get home I mount the container and open Joplin, then it syncronizes with dropbox.

At one point Laurent tried to add proxy/socks support, but there was an issue with the node module.
I wish there was an easy way to add this, since it might help people that must use a proxy at work.