Saving Attachments with Filenames

I have looked through the Feature Request section, and havent found a request for this yet, which seems crazy...

Is there currently a way to Save all the attachments from a note/notes to a folder with the Linked Names. Like an HTML directory, but with the Resources in the same folder as the Note and with Pretty Names.

For example, Take this note:

# Header
comment comment comment
lorum ipsum
ipsum lorum
[Some-File-A.pdf](:/hash-hash.pdf)

## Extra Files
[Some-File-B.pdf](:/hash-hash.pdf)
[Some-File-C.pdf](:/hash-hash.pdf)

I would like to save these files with the Filename, such as:

Export_Dir
├ Some-File-A.pdf
├ Some-File-B.pdf
├ Some-File-C.pdf

Or, better yet:

Export_Dir
├ Notebook_A
│  ├ Note_1
│  │  ├ Note_1.md (With the New Local-Links)
│  │  ├ Some-File-A.pdf
│  │  ├ Some-File-B.pdf
│  │  └ Some-File-C.pdf
│  └ Note_2
└ Notebook_B

Im not too familiar with the way that Joplin Deals with notes internally, But it seems to be that the Markdown Links could be processed and modified based on where the [](:/Link) points.

If it points to a Joplin resource, Save that resource to the correct directory with the attachment [Name](), Update the Markdown link to reference to the [](./Local-File), and then save the markdown file. Or even save a copy of the note in every format (Markdown, PDF, HTML).

Export_Dir
├ Notebook_A
│  ├ Note_1
│  │  ├ Note_1.md
│  │  ├ Note_1.pdf
│  │  ├ Note_1.html
│  │  ├ Some-File-A.pdf
│  │  ├ Some-File-B.pdf
│  │  └ Some-File-C.pdf
│  └ Note_2
└ Notebook_B

Thanks for all the Great Work from everyone who contributes!! Been really enjoying Joplin for my University Engineering courses.

Platform: Joplin Desktop (win32)

3 Likes

I am surprised to find that there doesn't seem to be a plugin for this task. Does anyone know how to accomplish it? My use case involves exporting PDFs to a folder from one Note while retaining the names as written in the Markdown alt.

If you right-click on a note or notebook you can export as MD - Markdown. This puts the notes as markdown files into a folder named after the notebook and all the resources get exported into a _resources folder with their filenames not the Joplin ID. The links to the resources in the Markdown files also get changed to a link to the named file.

Using File > Export all > MD - Markdown will do this for all your notes.