RFC: Disable automatic link creation?

I had this problem as well... I just downloaded and started using Joplin today for my Python online class and when I was taking notes everything I wrote that ends in ".py" is being automatically shown as a link when I don't really intend it to be a link, they are just python filenames from my notes. This feature is rather really annoying(at least on my usecase), an option to just toggle it on/off would be perfect as others have already pointed out.

Yes I intend to review that again. At the very least it shouldn't linkify filenames like "something.py".

If you build Joplin yourself, here's a commit that you can use for such a toggle....

The commit hash will change since I force-push this branch a lot....

1 Like

There's a second attempt at improving link detection, based on the feedback from the previous attempt. I think it's a better compromise than the previous approach and yes, there would now be a linkify option as that seems to be necessary.

Feedback is welcome!

1 Like

I suppose that is version 1.5.4 of Joplin this new linkify option still to come, right ?

Just having the option to toggle off linkify and would be good enough for me. The additional tightening up of linkify looks like it could help those that are looking for somewhere sensible between off and how it currently works.

1 Like

Tested in 1.5.7 and it works well, with the caveat that in WYSIWYG mode you have to switch to another note and back before the link is actually hyperlinked/clickable

As far as I can tell, the latest iOS app (10.4.1) does still behave like Joplin desktop did before version 1.4
Thought this as a reminder to the iOS developer. I think it is important that changes like this (not just UI mods) are picked up by mobile apps asap (if possible).

@msbentley : correct, another note, or to the MD editor and back. Would be nice if this got fixed too.

Not sure what that means.

All apps pretty much use the same code base, so Laurent is the dev for all apps.

Not sure either, my excuses.