Desktop version info

Joplin 2.13.13 (prod, linux)

Client ID: 170900d952cd42b48f66c7091697ef8b
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: No

Revision: c3cdeeb31

What issue do you have?

I tried switching to another note, but Joplin wouldn't allow it. After closing and reopening the app, I found that all data from the past few hours was lost in the current note. Can I get assistance in restoring it? It wasn't synced.

I deleted some notes by accident and don't have a backup

1 Like

Thank you for your response. The note has not been deleted, but the content that was written a few hours before is missing

If you have revisions enabled then you can just look at past revisions of the note from the info box in the top right.

1 Like

It says This note has no history

Then try the linked method from before, if it isn't in there then it doesn't exist any more.

1 Like

I have reviewed the history of the note and checked each version, but the content I spent hours writing is missing. It seems that after it ceased allowing me to switch between notes, the new entries were no longer recorded in the history

Unfortunately it does sound like there was some kind of error, I doubt there is a way of getting it back if it doesn't exist anywhere in the database after looking for some of its content. At most the log file might be useful to see what may have happened.

1 Like

log.txt (2.9 MB)

The entry 2024-01-11 02:28:29 was you looking for revisions on that note correct? I'm seeing where the it got written to, and am also seeing that sync is not set up. I'm afraid that the data is lost.

To prevent it from happening again, I would install the backup plugin and set it up.
Very rare and very unfortunate. My sympathies to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.