Reproducible builds

I opened an issue on 'Reproducible Builds'. Let me know what ya'll think of this suggestion. :slight_smile:

I'm looking forward to your feedback. :slight_smile:

You are supposed to open a discussion about new feature requests here on the forum. Only, if they are accepted yoiu should open one on github.

If you had read the template, you would have known that feature requests on github without a link to the discussion on the forum are closed.

1 Like

[meta]
Could you please detail exactly that then in your template, I don't want to be a bore but it says nothing about feature requests, enhancements, the opening or not opening of issues. "It's not for questions" is a bit vague imho. If you don't want issues opened, detail the process instead:

Something like:

DO NOT OPEN ANY NEW ISSUES HERE, ALWAYS OPEN AN ISSUE FIRST ON OUR DISCOURSE. AFTER BEING REVIEWED AN ISSUE ON GITHUB WILL BE OPENED.

Instead of:

:warning::rotating_light::no_entry: The issue tracker is not for questions. :no_entry::rotating_light::warning:

(I can only put two links so removed some links here)

Questions and Help

Links

Clear communication helps both parties really, and imho this was, and still is unclear to me. Improving that message will help reduce the amount of people like me misinterpreting it. Sorry for that.
[/meta]

I’m sorry, but what’s not clear? Do you see an option for feature requests? No? What could that mean? Most people would think that the issue tracker is not for feature requests, which I have stressed more than enough in the template, when there was still a feature request template (which was also ignored).

But maybe we can add more info to the template that shows up, when you click on Open a regular issue.

Btw, did you read: