Questions regarding GSoC

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding GSoC:

1. How many projects do Joplin plan to accept?

2. Will a mentor be assigned to multiple projects?

It would be great if these questions could be answered.
Thanks.

2 Likes

depending on the proposal hand work we can handel, hard to say right now

most likely

1 Like

Thank you @PackElend

I have one more query. If I have to discuss the details of a project listed on the ideas page, should I do it in a forum post or should I personally message the mentor?

I will create a topic per idea later today

as soon as it touches private things such as you proposal, that will discusses in a restricted area. We are currently discussing what is the best approach to do so

1 Like

@PackElend
Okay. I have a topic draft created regarding some testing I did which is related to one of the GSoC projects. I’ll post it in the proper area after your topic on that idea.

Hello,

If I have an idea apart from the ones mentioned in the ideas list, do I post it on the forums or contact the mentors privately?

I too have some ideas, which are not listed in the Ideas list.

generally all Feature Proposal go into #features .
In your case, there is risk, that another student hijacks your idea.
At the end, we need also feedback from the community, so you may discus it in #features first up to certain degree.

Either you will PM us or there will be sub-category for each student, we are currently discussion what can be handled best.

2 Likes

Yeah. The risk of hijacking is what I was afraid about. But I’ve thought about it and put up a topic in the Features page.
I’m hoping that the mentors will know who initially proposed the idea and will consider that during the application selection process. :grin:

1 Like

@PackElend Can I submit all my 5 proposals to Joplin? Would you recommend it?

Hey Mate!
I think you should work seriously on no more than 3 proposals😁

it is up to you, if you think if you can handle this.

It might be smarter concentrating only on a few but deliver excellent proposals instead many with gaps.
Quality before quantity.

1 Like

Sure. Will Do!

1 Like