I created a Python script that extracts notes (including attachments) from Synology’s Note Station and imports them into the Joplin app. Feel free to test it and/or improve it.
Imports a Synology Note Station .nsx file into Joplin notes app
Installing this Python script
- Download this repository or clone it to your project directory via
git clone https://github.com/KraxelHuber/notestation-to-joplin.gitor
git clone email@example.com:KraxelHuber/notestation-to-joplin.gitif you set up SSH keys.
- Make sure to pip install the following packages from https://pypi.org/
Getting your notes out of Synology’s Note Station into Joplin note taking app
Step 1: Export your notes
- Open your Synology Note Station app in DSM.
- At the top of Note Station, click Settings.
- Under Import and Export, click Export to launch the export wizard.
- Follow the wizard instructions to export your notebooks.
- Save your .nsx file into /notestation_to_joplin/src/
- Open Joplin notes app
- Go to Tools/Options/Web Clipper
- Copy authorization token
- Open /src/nsx2joplin.py within your project folder.
nsx_file = p.joinpath("notestation-test-books.nsx")with your .nsx file
nsx_file = p.joinpath("YOUR_NSX_FILE")
- At the end of the script, replace the line
joplin_token = ""with your token:
joplin_token = "PASTE_YOUR_TOKEN_HERE"
- Run the script (your Joplin app needs to be open).
This script is partly based on the great work of @Maboroshy script, which converts a .nsx file into markdown: Note-Station-to-markdown