Plugin: Note Link System

For me it should be at the bottom so as not to disturb the creation of quick links to an existing note.

1 Like

Hi @ylc395

I'm trying to exclude notes/todo with a certain tag from the "backlinks" results but it doesn't seem to work.

Am I missing something?

@bepolymathe try :/$noteId` -tag:"xxxx" or $noteId -tag:"xxxxx". It seems to do with "" or something.

Ok, thanks. It works with it.

Hi @ylc395

Me again. After using it intensively for a few days, I would find it very useful to have options to display other contextual information. It would bring a real "plus" compared to the backlink plugin that existed until now. For example:

• the date of creation of the note/todo
  • tags
  • the notebook where it belongs

Maybe it could appear on a mouse over :thinking: Or simply under the title ?

On the other hand you don't want to scroll down to the bottom of a long list of search results to find it (eg with extended search parameters in the settings). Maybe it could stay visible on the first look somehow...

No, but one could imagine that clicking on the tag would allow to filter the results (for ex.). Or just in a tooltip.

@ylc395 I'm noticing a visibility issue with the quick copy in the preview pane using the dark theme:

Light theme for comparison:

Also, thanks for making this plugin! It combines some of the most useful plugins to me and adds some great additional functionality.

Thank you for this plugin! The enhancements for backlinks/referrers and quick links are really nice. Looking forward to future versions (especially Outlinks).

new feature in 0.1.0: Hover to preview!

Hover time before previewing can be set in setting panel.

8 Likes

The plugin puts joplin in beast mode!

3 Likes

I think detecting dark mode should be Joplin's responsibility. Maybe we should submit an issue to Joplin to request a special classname of document body when on dark mode.

1 Like

Hmm I'm not technically proficient enough to understand the underlying issue or submit an issue for that. I do think though that the same shade of gray that is used for # in the light theme might work fine for the dark theme as well.

new features in 0.2.0:

1. Quick Copy Element URL: Left click will copy title + url; Right click is for url only.
  2. New Markdown Syntax to add id to element(so it can become link target):

3 Likes

great update, linking to arbitrary text elements within notes is really cool.

Anyone else having issues after updating to v0.2.0? Most of the features appear to be broken. The referrers panel won't show and pressing the button to toggle it does nothing. Also the things in the preview panel such as "Quick Copy Element URL," "Preview local/remote URL" don't show. However, things in the editor panel such as "Quick Link" and "Set Id for text to make it as link target" still work fine. I'm on Linux and I didn't change anything other than updating the plugin. I tried on Windows and the latest version of the plugin works fine on that machine though.

Yes same for me

1 Like

@shbach @bepolymathe So you guys meet problems of v0.2.1 on Linux, and everything's fine on other platforms? If so, can you open the dev tool to see what error reported? I'm using macOS and no problems met.

Hi @ylc395

For me, the console return

1 Like

@bepolymathe @shbach Thank you for debugging! I just published v0.2.2 trying to fix this problem, but I can not check whether it works.

1 Like