Plugin: Markdown Table - Sortable

This plugin add the ability to sort rendered tables. It may or may not be compatible with other table plugins (e.g.: multimd-table) so use at your own risk.

Preview

It is based on sorttable script, so check the original post for the details logic.

You might also like my other plugin about table:

Plugin: Markdown Table - Colorize

8 Likes

I wonder what the record is for most plugins published in a single month? You may be on track to beat it. :1st_place_medal:

Thanks for all your work.

I am in the midst of revamping my workflow with joplin. While I am experimenting with note taking then quickly develop the plugin that alleviate the problem that irritate me the most.

So as long as I am still using Joplin, more will come a long with my workflow development. Although I think I checked all the low hanging fruits in my plugin todo list, so probably not as frequent.

5 Likes

Hiya,
This is great and adds great functionality to MD tables, thank you!
Daft question, do I need to build it manually to use? There is no JPL file on Github and the plugin does not show up through Joplin's plugins built-in search.
Cheers

2 Likes

There is some unknown problem with the npmjs hopefully it will be resolve soon. In the meantime you can install using the jpl put in github release.

1 Like

star, thank you!

A useful plug-in. Thanks. What I really like is that it works in the render pane and does not require any non-standard Markdown code. That makes it "mobile-app friendly" in that a mobile app can still display the original table as it is not presented with customised Markdown it does not understand!!

5 Likes

Updated v1.1.0

• The string sorting is case-insensitive from now on.

Don't update to this version if you really want it to be case-sensitive as there are no new feature added (at least at the moment). If you updated it by mistake and want the case-sensitive back, you can download version 1.0.1 from github

Version v1.2.0

This version will add the ability to apply the sorting to your markdown source text.

WARNING: this feature is probably not compatible with any other plugins about tables. I don't use, haven't tested, and have no plan to support any of them. So please careful when click "Apply!" button. You can always undo though.

6 Likes

I installed the plugin, however it doesn't seem to work; nothing happens when I click on table headers. I've just started using Joplin, so I wonder if there is something I am missing in the installation process or in the use of the plugin. It would really be a fantastic feature to be able to sort tables.
I am using Joplin 2.8.8 for Mac OS.
Thanks for your help!

Can you check all of the following points?

1. Have you restarted Joplin after install? You need to open menu Joplin > Quit (or โŒ˜ + Q) then open Joplin again. Simply press X on the window is not considered as quit.
    1. This plugin only supports Markdown editor (the split view as you can see in the screenshot). If you are using WYSIWYG mode it will simply not working. You need to switch to markdown mode
    1. Just to be sure, when you click on the header you need to click on the header in rendered side (right side), click on the editor side (left side) will not do anything.

Let me know if any of the above solve your problem.

1 Like

Thank you so much, problem solved. I was using WYSIWYG mode; in markdown mode it works perfectly.