PDF's will not open on another windows sync client

Both clients have been updated to 2.13.1, and the issue persists
2 windows desktops, 1 11, 1 10

The issue is that I have some attachments (pdf's) on the notes. They are fine on the machine they were created on. The laptop is set to download 'auto' (to save space - I have a lot of notes!). It was manual, but this has another glitch in that if you only have the pdf attachment and nothing else, there is no link to click on so the download 'manual' process never starts and the feature is essentially unusable. I changed it to 'auto', click on the note, and it downloads. The problem is, they are all corrupt. The viewer will not show them 'Error : failed to load pdf document', if you try to open in them in an external viewer, it's says they are not valid pdf's.

I have encryption enabled. Both devices show in the config that this appears OK, as is the sync config.

The log appears to show the note being downloaded and decrypted OK on the client

neUaDoMZzZxlNU6Bmexf7bFY+Hu5jshkA9rNULr7KzfzpQf+iqKh5qA8xwbH02SnN\nSg+p+A9LMhdhRx1b+h16+kQBAWJgxs9S4wgxU745QZqx+z45fWECNHTdpuLM7HPN\nLvCR9C1ldlHcmFjW51DP/XviOjgjcvsO7WEuoLLk1qtzk0K7snBTqe1OZNAGb3rI\nRFiBoxRo50TNWcpGVXHFVn7WsQ+gUA2KeBCc12PV1EfGpg61tlpEXZa3ZI20F9La\nt5PrVlH1SWN5TJbfA8MR4rSiLRk3EZQIiwIDAQAB\n-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----","createdTime":1693041316841},"updatedTime":1693041316841}}"
2023-09-25 08:49:28: App: ""syncInfoCache" was changed - setting up encryption related code"
2023-09-25 08:49:28: e2ee/utils: "activeMasterKeySanityCheck: Active key is an enabled key - nothing to do"
2023-09-25 08:49:28: e2ee/utils: "Trying to load 4 master keys..."
2023-09-25 08:49:28: e2ee/utils: "findMasterKeyPassword: No master password is defined - trying to get master key specific password"
2023-09-25 08:49:28: e2ee/utils: "findMasterKeyPassword: Using master password"
2023-09-25 08:49:28: EncryptionService: "Loading master key: 93b22d48e6be4f659bce11d0fba5ef40. Make active:", "true"
2023-09-25 08:49:28: e2ee/utils: "Loaded master keys: 3"
2023-09-25 08:49:29: Synchronizer: "TaskQueue.stop: syncDownload: waiting for tasks to complete: 0"
2023-09-25 08:49:29: Synchronizer: "TaskQueue.stop: syncDownload: Done, waited for 0"
2023-09-25 08:49:29: "DecryptionWorker: starting decryption..."
2023-09-25 08:49:29: "DecryptionWorker: completed decryption."
2023-09-25 08:49:38: "Preparing scheduled sync"
2023-09-25 08:49:38: "Starting scheduled sync"
2023-09-25 08:49:38: "Synchronisation is already in progress. State: in_progress"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "BasicDelta: Report: {"timestamp":1695627856000,"older":27137,"newer":1,"equal":0}"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "Sync: fetchingTotal: Fetching delta items from sync target"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "Sync: fetchingProcessed: Processing fetched item"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "Sync: finished: Synchronisation finished [1695628168389]"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "Operations completed: "
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "fetchingTotal: 1"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "fetchingProcessed: 1"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "Total folders: 109"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "Total notes: 7089"
2023-09-25 08:49:41: Synchronizer: "Total resources: 19181"
2023-09-25 08:49:42: "DecryptionWorker: starting decryption..."
2023-09-25 08:49:42: "DecryptionWorker: completed decryption."
2023-09-25 08:49:52: RepositoryApi: "findWorkingMirror: Using: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joplin/plugins/master"
2023-09-25 08:50:04: e2ee/utils: "findMasterKeyPassword: No master password is defined - trying to get master key specific password"
2023-09-25 08:50:04: e2ee/utils: "findMasterKeyPassword: Using master password"
2023-09-25 08:50:04: e2ee/utils: "findMasterKeyPassword: Using master password"
2023-09-25 08:50:04: e2ee/utils: "findMasterKeyPassword: Using master password"
2023-09-25 08:53:05: RevisionService: "maintenance: Starting..."
2023-09-25 08:53:05: RevisionService: "maintenance: Service is enabled"
2023-09-25 08:53:05: RevisionService: "collectRevisions: Created revisions for 0 notes"
2023-09-25 08:53:05: RevisionService: "maintenance: Done in 182ms"

Any suggestions? Thanks you.

fwiw - I tried downloaded the note on the android client (I know it has not pdf viewer), but after downloading and trying to open with normal android pdf viewer, same issue. PDF is not a valid pdf.

fwiw - I tested this by simply creating a new note title 'test note', dragging and dropping a single .jpg image into it. It works, as expected. You can see the note/image. I sync it. Then I sync the laptop. It syncs OK. I click the note - You can see it downloads the attachment. The sync status says the note has downloaded and decrypted OK, but the image shows as a broken like and is basically corrupt. I suspect the decryption may not be working correctly, despite all indications saying it is.

I would try disabling the encryption, but it took me several days to get all the notes etc., in place and imported, and I am hesitant to do anything to screw up the single working copy of Joplin with good data without some guidance!


This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.