Pasting images in external editor

Version: 1.2.6 on windows

Hi, I have a problem and not sure if just doesn't work properly or if there's something I can do to make it work.

I've recently downloaded Marktext and started using it as an external editor.

I write up a lot of process notes at work and am constantly pasting in screenshots. However with using Marktext, the screenshot pastes in fine, but when I save and go back to Joplin, the image does not display. But it does display if I open it up in Marktext again.

Is the image being saved somewhere joplin doesn't recognise? I just want it to save in the same place as if I'd done it in joplin. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks.

AFAIK no. There is no way to attach files into the Joplin database using an external editor. I wish it would be possible.

Ahh that's a bummer. Bit of a deal breaker for me that is. Real shame as well as I really like writing in the Mark text editor.

I am a newbie; it might be some options.
That do Joplin? It saves your attachment into a particular folder and put a link into a note. Maybe there is some way to do it in an external editor. I do not know, and I couldn't find it.

I know that a new editor will be ready soon so that it would be more comfortable.

First explain: MarkText will save the image to ~/AppData/Roaming/marktext/images/ by default, instead of the joplin database, so it will not be synchronized

Not currently, unless you modify the source code of Marktext. . .

It's a beautiful markdown editor, although I don't know how to use it. You can try VSCode + Joplin VSCode plugin

Well, there is a configuration item that can save pictures to Joplin's resource directory, but I am not sure whether Joplin will sync them, this requires @laurent
Maybe someone is willing to write a Joplin Uploader