Notes disapearing - No conflict notebook

Hi all,

We have a recently come across an issue, where quite a few notes suddenly have disappeared! We use the "file system" syncing options, with a folder on an internal server. Looking at the .md files in the sync target, I can see that some notes (possibly a 1:1 overlap with the notes that disappeared) have [conflicted] appended to the file name, e.g.: 19eba433cd5540b98d390f3c2d250bd2 [conflicted].

No one sees a Conflict notebook. We are using the Joplin desktop app on Windows and Linux.

Any idea how I resolve this?

I'm running the following version of Joplin:

Joplin 2.9.17 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 629817047e054f439219d4168f4386cf
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: a84a8e7

log.zip (2.8 MB)

Joplin doesn't add [confliced] anywhere so it's an issue with your server

I see. Thanks:)
I've renamed the affected files, so the name no longer include [conflicted]. The notes are still not showing up in Joplin. Any way I can force Joplin to reimport (or something) all the notes stored in the sync target?

have you made backup(s) of your Joplin profile before those notes disappeared ?
manually, with the backup plugin, through system backup ?

We have backups. But no data is actually lost.
I've tried to force a redownload of the notes using Delete local data and re-download from sync target. Joplin fetches ~100 notes (out of ~3000) and then it seems to hang.

My feeling it's worth trying from scratch (because of the dev's remark) /IF/ you haven't lost any notes. Clean out both you local profile and all files on the sync target, restore the profile (backup), go offline, start Joplin and check everything is there (data / notes) and everything is setup for your sync and encryption. Now go online and (before Joplin syncs) select settings -> sync -> advanced -> re-upload. If it finishes without errors do a manual / new sync and see if the problem persists,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.