Joplin version

Desktop version info

Sync target

Dropbox

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

Hello,
I'm new to Joplin. I had a few notebooks imported from Evernote and they are well imported into a linux PC's Joplin app, but as the sync on the smartphone seems to import all the notes, the notebooks containing them do not show on this little device.
But then one important notebook appears (771 notes) in it and the list of notes shows they are duplicated.
The PC looks fine, with no duplicate.
Oh, and the labels do not show either on the smartphone or the PC.
I uploaded the mobile log file to any chance

Log file

mobile-log.txt (901 KB)

Hello,

I had experienced a similar situation. You can try transferring your Evernote data to Notion first and then transferring the data from Notion to Joplin. Because the transfer from Notion to Joplin was smoother for me, and I remember following this route for Evernote.

Thank you for attaching a log!

The beginning of the log shows this (most recent messages are first):

12-13T17:40:34: Synchronizer: "Sync: fetchingProcessed: Processing fetched item"
12-13T17:40:34: Synchronizer: "Sync: fetchingProcessed: Processing fetched item"
12-13T17:40:33: Synchronizer: "Sync: fetchingProcessed: Processing fetched item"
12-13T17:40:33: Synchronizer: "Sync: fetchingProcessed: Processing fetched item"

This makes me think that Joplin is still trying to sync. This would explain why many notebooks don't appear, but not why notes are duplicated.

An initial sync, especially via DropBox or OneDrive can take a long time. (Subsequent syncs should be faster).

Thank you both for your responses.
I found the labels on the PC'.
... to be continued

In fact, notebooks appear fine on PC/Linux. It is in the Android app that we only see the "Welcome" and only one of my notebooks (the most important in terms of number of notes and useful value). Do you recommend using Notion via smartphone? And if yes, how ?

Indeed, I just realzed that the app on phone is syncing non-stop. Cancelling it does not work. it keeps running on.
I desinstalled the app and re-installed it though.

Another thing to try, before setting up sync, is changing the "Attachment behavior" from "Always" to "Automatic" or "Manual" (see Feature suggestion: Mobile: Change default attachment download behavior from "Always" to "Automatic").

Changing from "Always" to one of the other options means that an initial sync will not try to download attachments (just notes, tags, notebooks, attachment metadata, revisions, ...).

This may make an initial sync faster.

1 Like

I understand the issue now. Synchronization in Joplin is much slower than in Notion and Evernote because these applications use their own cloud solutions. Joplin, on the other hand, has a paid cloud solution, and the free option is to synchronize notes across devices using third-party solutions like OneDrive and Dropbox. This is considerably slower than other applications. So my advice to you is to wait between 1 and 3 hours depending on the number of your notes. If it still doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Joplin mobile app on your phone and then try again.

I don't recommend any "closed-source" applications like Notion. Because supporting free software symbolizes a philosophical stance rather than just a preference. Therefore, for me, even having to use Windows right now is not uplifting.

Hello, I have subscribed to joplincloud for one month. I am not sure that it helped.
So far, I eliminated double notebooks by dragging the ones with less notes into the other one'.
Now I have the same problem with labels.
In both cases the number of notes are not the same in the double notebooks or labels. Sometimes in "twin" labels the notes are the same, meaning the exact names of the labels are duplicated with a random number of notes duplicated.
I hope that my handy work will solve the pb definitely.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.