Nextcloud syncing issue on Android 10 - Changes do not appear

So...

Quite a lot happened!

I have taken notes to memorize it all and give back to the forum all the information I could possibly gather. This is going to be long!

First thing first, I have updated all my Joplin apps in the process:

• from Joplin 1.5.14 to Joplin 1.6.6 on desktop
  • from Joplin 1.5.1 to Joplin 1.6.6 on Android
  • from Joplin 10.5.1 to Joplin 10.6.2 on IOS

Before I applied all the steps you suggested @ajay, I tried to uninstall and reinstall Joplin on Android 10 only. Sync worked first try, but then after some back and forth testing, the same issue happened, but in reverse. Test content created on Win 10, synced on And 10 and modified on And 10 wasn't showed modified back on Win 10.

Quick note, I had a suspicion, as you mentioned it, that a connection problem was the issue, since I may have used Joplin on the train some time ago with unstable connection.

• Before the fest started, I made backups, of course!
  • Uninstalled/reinstalled Joplin on And 10.
  • Reauthorised Joplin's access to my Nextcloud server.
  • First sync completed with no errors.
  • Created a new notebook and a test note on Win 10 to check config. Sync was again successful.
  • After some back and forth testing, it appeared that modifying the note on And 10 did not show these changes on Win 10.

Thus, I went the other route and uninstalled/reinstalled everything!

• Uninstalled all Joplin apps, including profiles on Win 10.
  • Revoked all Joplin recent accesses to my Nextcloud server to ensure there would be no conflicts arising from the debugging process.
  • Deleted Joplin's Nextcloud directory.
  • Created a free Nextcloud server at Woelkli for testing.
  • Reinstalled Joplin on all devices. (updating to latest versions available in the process as stated above)
  • Created a few test notes on Win 10 that were synchronised to the new instance successfully.
  • But when moving on to set it up on And 10, nothing appeared after synchronisation, apart from Joplin's default notebooks.
  • Set up new config on IOS and everything synchronised seamlessly.

Conclusion, as far as I can understand, this is a strange case scenario in which Win 10 and And 10 don't communicate so well together, whereas there is no sync issue on the side of Joplin for IOS. Nota bene, I have just updated all my apps and set up a brand new Nextcloud instance as my syncing target.

This is all I can do to contribute, if it can help!

Kind regards!

Log files:

Latest sync on Win 10 after reinstallation: LatestSyncWin10Reinstall.txt (114.1 KB)
Latest sync on And 10 (that failed) after reinstallation: syncReport-1610454342416.txt (19.4 KB)

Edit: I should have looked twice for a workaround, this post solved the problem! Using WebDav instead of Nextcloud as syncing target did the trick!

1 Like