New update broke joplin 2.12.19 - linux mint

Hi, for some reason after the latest joplin update 2.12.19
I cant interact or see anything
tried reinstalling and erasing the data folder ~home/.config/joplin-desktop
problem remains

Joplin works fine on windows and android however

Any way I can fix this?

I'm using linux mint 21.2 kernel 6.5.0-1004-oem

I had the same experience this morning after applying a FlatPak update this morning:
org.freedesktop.Platform 75d6f5f7da

I used the Timeshift in Linux Mint to restore my desktop to its state prior to applying the FlatPak update. Problems with Joplin disappeared.

Oh thank you! So its a flatpak issue I see, I wonder how would we know when its fixed?

Please contact the person in charge of the flatpak version. It's not something that we officially support. I'm not sure if he's on this forum but it's @catsout on GitHub

I encountered a similar issue with the AppImage on OpenSUSE.

This comment fixed the issue for me:

I'm not sure where the equivalent file would be for a Flatpak app.

Comments on that and related issues suggest that this is a problem with Chromium/Electron.

1 Like

A workaround is to install jopin with the appimage install script rather than flatpak

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/laurent22/joplin/dev/Joplin_install_and_update.sh | bash

1 Like

Thank you for linking to the Github issue.
This also fixed the problem for me (installed via Flathub on Linux Mint).

rm -rf ~/.var/app/net.cozic.joplin_desktop/config/Joplin/GPUCache/

I thought for a moment I lost all my notes, so reading:
"Please contact the person in charge of the flatpak version. It's not something that we officially support."
was not appreciated.
Maybe there could be guidance, links about where to get help for the various packages?

This list should be relevant:

It also looks like there is a pull request on the Flathub manifest repository related to this issue.

1 Like

Same problem here. LM 21.1