New pre-release available with many fixes for recent issues (v1.0.232 now available)

A new pre-release is available, which addresses many of the recent issues with the previous release, in particular there’s a fix for the “New notebook” issue, the GotoAnything freezes and other annoyances.

Your feedback would be welcome:

4 Likes

Go-to works perfectly again! :heart_eyes:
Good work!
This thread can now be closed? BUG - Goto Anything freezes when - #12 by davidpoza

Good :slight_smile: I was expecting it.
Could you generate and publish the checksum SHA512 for every one or at least for portable version ?
The search looks working nicely inside one note with Code Mirror @CalebJohn :+1: The same is-it planned for search in all the notes (F6) ?

@Dino it should already highlight the first hit for search in all notes, and it doesn’t highlight the rest for performance reasons, this can probably be updated in the future. But I have no immediate plans.

@CalebJohn and @laurent and others contributors thanks for that work , I imagine is not easy to do.
Maybe an issue in portable app, I can’t zoom in and out with keyboard shortcuts.

The macOs and windows versions are signed so a checksum is not needed. Only the Linux version needs a checksum.

@CalebJohn, when I do a global search, for me it highlights the results in the CodeMirror editor too. Or is not doing it in some cases?

It won’t do it if there are multiple words in the search, for example if you search for joplin was then it would highlight those words but not all occurrences. The codemirror highlighting system isn’t as performant as markjs, so it’s disabled for multiple keywords.

I didn't find pgp keys or signatures. I suppose you mean for windows and mac there is signature inside the file properties. Is that quite good like Linux checksum ?

About CodeMirror I tested it again, yes It's looks not work just in some cases, with markdown syntax : - [ ** ! : #

It's an actual signature, so it's better than a checksum.

For information, a new version is available: https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/releases/tag/v1.0.232

This one removes support for hierarchical tags for now as there’s a performance issue, so we need more time to get the feature ready.

I'll probably make this pre-release the final release over the week-end so if you notice any issue, feel free to let me know.

In the meantime I'm going to take the complete lack of feedback as good news :grin:

2 Likes

What happens please if version 1.0.231 has been used and hierarchical tags have been set up. Will the removal of the feature break anything or will they just show as tag/tag ?

Thanks

It won’t break anything but for example “tag/subtag” will be converted to two tags: “tag” and “subtag”.

Unfortunately reversing this feature was necessary as we need more time to improve the performance, and it would have delayed releasing this new version (which has many bug fixes) by too much

@Dave to be safe of course it’s best to make a backup as jex before upgrading.

@laurent Thanks for the reply. I fully understand the need to pull a feature if it’s not yet fit for purpose. For me, this was a much waited for feature, so I’ll probably stick with the beta even if there are performance issues until the full release includes it again.

Keep in mind that the next version will rollback the database changes, then they’ll be restored again when we restore the feature. But it means that when you finally upgrade, your changes will be rollback in any case, and I think it means you’ll lose whatever hierarchy you setup (the tags will still be there, but just moved to a flat listing).

So if you do keep the beta I would suggest not to build up a big tag hierarchy for now as you’ll have to do it again when you upgrade.

So, your advice would be to install the new (interim) releases which should have less data loss for me?

Found an issue. :slight_smile:

Going from Options back to the edit window leaves the submenu in a grayed out state until you start typing in the edit window once again.

Steps:

• edit something
  • go into "Options"
  • go "Back" to the edit window (also occurs with the "Ok" button)
  • notice submenu is not usable
  • add a single character to your document
  • notice the submenu re-enable

Note: This was the case for both CodeMirror and Ace. I did not try the WYSIWYG editor since I have that disabled.