Messy content on NextCloud

Hi Joplin Team,

I hope you are doing great.

I’d like to thank you for creating such an amazing piece of tool.

Guys, I have successfully set my NextCloud instance and Joplin android integration up, it is working fine.

The only problem I have is that Joplin synchronized content on NextCloud web client looks quite messy: names of the Notebooks/Notes are some very random characters.

After opening them, I do see the Joplin android app content inside, but there are also a lot of random stuff and it is quite uncomfortable for the general user to use this kind of messy document directly from NextCloud.

Do you guys have any solution to this?

Best,

Akaki

P.S I am using managed NextCloud instance.

there are a lot of issues about sorting, ordering them

Hi @akaki,

The files are not supposed to be opened directly (in the web interface of Nextcloud). Joplin uses its own naming scheme for performance reasons.
So until there’s a Joplin Nextcloud application, the structure and filenames won’t be the same as in the current Joplin clients (Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, Windows, CLI).

2 Likes

Agreeing with @tessus - use the joplin android app to access your stuff

Regarding NC integration : as joplin is written in node.js, how much effort would it be to have it run within NC ? @laurent

Android App <—> NextCloud <—> Mac App, this combo works amazing. Thanks for the killer app once again.

When it comes to native NextCloud native app, Carnet note taking app is going to build it natively.They are newcomers on F-Droid. Maybe you guys collaborate on something?