Home / GitHub Page

Meetup group

Hello everyone, thenk you for @laurent to start this, it’s amazing what this community has achieved

I was wondering if there is any meetup already where people meet in in person to build stuff / talk about Joplin? I am personally based in London and would like to contribute to the project. I would definitely benefit from an in-person monthly coding night to share ideas/resolve issues or see what other cool stuff people are building.

Hope that triggers some thoughts,
have a nice day everyone,
Alfredo

That could be interesting and I’m in London too, but I don’t know if there are enough users, let alone developers, at this point that a meetup would work?

Maybe make a poll, then? I’d be interested as well.
(With me, that remains a hypothetical, though. Not sure where y’all live, but I’d bet it’s not near me. :smiley: But if ayone else goes and it results in interesting forum activity, that’s a plus for me as well. ;D )

I guess if we were to do this it would be in a central location so that it’s more or less accessible for everyone. Yes maybe a vote would be a good way to gauge interest for it.

The meetup group can hold meetings in different locations. e.g. people can “host” a meeting anywhere and it is posted to the meetup’s main page. e.g. zblesk might decide to host a meetup in X and people in that area can come and or join.
e.g. I’m part of a meetup group that has 3 monthly meetings in Toronto, one in Oakville, and one in Mississauga. I only attend one meeting out of the 5.

Would that work for voting? Just added all weekdays in December (but Christmas period) and January

Regarding the location, how about the Pancras Square Library in Kings Cross?
The downside is that it closes at 8PM, so we really should aim for 6pm start time I think.
https://www.camden.gov.uk/web/guest/pancras-square-library