Client ID: 3cce34543b714e00985dedd6c2ead158
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 47
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 72472623c (dev)

Backup: 1.4.2

What issue do you have?

Hi everyone,

I've set up Joplin on my local environment and I'm trying to make some changes to the code. However, when I modify the code, the changes are not showing up in the app. I've double-checked that I'm editing the correct files, but it seems like the app isn't reflecting any of my changes.

Is there something I’m missing or a specific build step I need to follow to see the changes? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Can any maintainer answer please.

Did you follow the steps as described in the documentation, including the rebuild of the TS files?

Yup,
i ran yarn install at root, then yarn watch and yarn start in app-desktop but when I'm changing any .tsx file, no changes were being reflected.

Just an update on the issue I'm facing:

I have yarn watch running in one terminal and yarn start in another within the same file directory. However, I'm still having trouble with changes not reflecting immediately in the application. I have to stop and restart yarn start each time to see the updates.

@JackGruber

ok, but this is normal.

with yarn watch the modified ts files are compiled to js files and yarn start starts only the application. But the app don't use modified files on the fly, only on restart.

Thank you for the clarification. I initially thought the app would automatically show changes without needing a restart, which seemed more efficient. However, I understand the current setup now.

To improve my workflow, I'm considering automating the restart process using nodemon so that the app restarts automatically whenever I make changes. Do you have any recommendations or tips for setting this up effectively? Also, are there any plans to make this process more efficient for contributors in the future?

I don't see what the problem is. An app can't reflect every change online. What happens if you change basic states, just a app crash ...

The app is not crashing, but in order to see live changes I have to stop and run npm run dev again and again. I guess it is a problem related to hot reloading, what do you think?

If this is an issue can I work on it (to enable hot reloading) ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.