Version 2.6.2
Syncing to Joplin Cloud
OS is Fedora 35 (Linux)

I already did the following:

:config sync.target 10
:config sync.10.username (my email)
:config sync.10.password (my password)

log.txt (142.7 KB)

You most likely need to check your email or password.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have repeatedly checked and indeed the username/password I type in match my joplincloud.com email and password, yet it still returns this error. Syncing between the desktop client and android client seems to be working fine.

EDIT: Just to confirm, the proper value for sync.10.path is https://api.joplincloud.com?

Racking my brain here. I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing.

Hi, I have resolved the error. The command line interface will also return this error when the password is greater than or equal to 24 characters long. In other words, it appears that (at least on fedora 35), Joplin CLI only supports passwords of 23 characters or less. I am now able to use the interface after shortening my password.

I am unsure if this is a bug with Joplin, or with Fedora 35.

I don't think there's such limit anywhere in Joplin. Could you post a screenshot of the error please, as that might help to understand where it comes from?

I looked at the cli code but couldn't find any restriction to 23 characters for passwords.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.