Labels that don't work

Hello,

I am using Joplin 2.6.10 Desktop

I'm on Linux Mint 20

tags not working?

When I create a label, it appears fine in the list of labels

When I search for the tag in the joplin search field does not find it?

I tried to uninstall joplin on another computer and I have the same problem

Thanks for your help

Did you use the filter tag:yourlabel in the searchbox?
https://joplinapp.org/help/#searching

Hello Jack and thank you for your response.
The problem is that even after creating a label such as a first name for example, it does not find the note?

I currently use Evernot and I don't need to use a filter it finds my tags automatically.
Thank

The search don't include tags/labels automatically, you have to use the filter tag:firstname.

Alternatively you can use goto anything (ctrl + p) and use #tagname

Thank you both for your response. Can you tell me how to activate the tag:firstname filter?

Thank you
Charles

Just type it into the search:

Thank you Daeraxa for your answer:

When I type in the search field that you indicated to me the word Austin mini for example all the notes which contain the word Austin mini appear in the list.

When I type in the field a word that only exists in a label but not in a note, the word does not appear?

it's really with the labels that I have problems with the keywords contained in the notes there are no problems

To search the tag or label labelA type in the search box tag:labela

or what do you mean with label?

If you have a tag called austin mini then your search for notes with those tags would be tag:"austin mini" from the search box.

I was going to suggest what you would need to type into goto anything (which logically would be either #austin mini or #"austin mini") but the goto anything box doesn't seem to care for spaces in the tags. There might be syntax here I'm not aware of or it might be a tiny bug/oversight

Hello everyone and thank you for your patience and attention.

Thanks to you I can finally use the labels!

However, I find it very unfortunate that we have to type the tages or # to carry out a search.

This still makes research more complicated than on competing software such as Evernot or On note

it's a shame for people who have computer difficulties it still makes things more complicated

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.