Client ID: 44515b213f6a4b20b8df93f12e03a16c
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: c3cdeeb

Email Plugin: 1.0.0
Hotfolder: 1.1.1

What issue do you have?

trying to get the hang of getting around in Joplin - how do i select multiple lines in the list with the keyboard? in most apps it is shift-down arrow - that does not seem to do anything in joplin? also when i select multiple lines in the list with the mouse (ctrl-click) i cant figure out where the number of lines selected is shown? i expected either near the search bar or on the bottom status bar - can't find it - where is it? also when i search and get a number of results - the sort order is not in title order - that is my default sort setting - why is search not respecting my sort order? thanks!

in addition, can anyone tell me how to calculate the size of the entire database, the number of notes in joplin total and the combined size of those notes selected in the list? i need to compare the numbers to my import source to make sure everything transferred ok. thanks!

also i need an automated backup of the entire database if possible as a command line tool? i backup everything monthly - thanks!

For future reference, try isolating each support thread to a specific ask.

Selecting multiple list items with keyboard and viewing how many are selected do not seem supported at this time.

The FAQ regarding searching states:

Notes are sorted by "relevance". Currently it means the notes that contain the requested terms the most times are on top. For queries with multiple terms, it also matters how close to each other the terms are. This is a bit experimental so if you notice a search query that returns unexpected results, please report it in the forum, providing as many details as possible to replicate the issue.

To view the total number of notes in Joplin, visit Help > Synchronization Status. Check the latter number beside "Note:" under "Sync status (synced items / total items)".

To calculate the database's size, find and check the size of Joplin's database.sqlite file using a file browser.

I don't know of a way to find the combined size of selected notes.

Please use the Simple Backup plugin for automated backups. Instructions can be found in the linked Github page.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.