Joplin version 1.0.174

Hi,

here is a short release for some fixes and improvement

• Improved: Show note count by default
  • Fixed: Do not crash when a notebook parent does not exist (#2079)
  • Fixed: Fix scaling of inline svg resource icons (#2075)

Download

Thanks! Every Joplin update removes the taskbar shortcut. Putting it back manually is not a big deal, but is that something thatā€™s easily fixed so that upon update/install it recognizes the shortcut and so itā€™s it kept there?

Hi, thanks for the update.

Iā€™d like to open a wee discussion in order to see what people think about the new ā€œnote countā€ improvement. I really love it but it doesnā€™t make sense to me that the parent notebook counts the number of notes its child have, because the parent notebook could also have notes on it and is really confusing.
I will show one example:

Say ā€œParent Notebookā€ has 3 notes at its level and ā€œChild Notebook 2ā€ has 6 at its level
Bad way of counting:

• Parent Notebook A (24)
    • Child Notebook 1 (5)
    • Child Notebook 2 (10)
      • Grandchild Notebook 2 (4)
    • Child Notebook 3 (6)

Good way of counting:

• Parent Notebook A (3)
    • Child Notebook 1 (5)
    • Child Notebook 2 (6)
      • Grandchild Notebook 2 (4)
    • Child Notebook 3 (6)

To me the Bad way tells me that within Parent Notebook (when clicking on it) I will find 24 notes, which is not true, as it only has 3 notes, and that the ā€œChild Notebook 2ā€ has 1o notes when it only has 6.

Only when I collapse the Parent Notebook is when the count should be updated telling me there are 24 notes inside.

Does this makes sense to you?

Thanks

If you are a RHEL/CentOS/Fedora user, RPMs are available (not officially sanctioned, by the way, but I have been building them for quite some time now).

I do need help testing the RPM builds on Fedora 31. I finally got it to build, but it required some hackery. And I donā€™t have a Fedora 31 desktop system handy.

for me 24 should be displayed when parent folder is closed, and dispatch the count of each of them once opened

2 Likes

@laurent is my comment something that is taking into account, or should I create a new post with it?

Thanks

Iā€™m fine if someone wants to implement the Thunderbird way that we discussed in the PR.

sorry, could you point me to the Pull Request please? @laurent